Part Time Staff
Escalade is looking for talented, outgoing, fun folks to become a part of our team.
You are super awesome if you already have these qualifications:
- Passionate about Rock Climbing
- Have your own transportation
- Live close to the facility
- Self motivated and works well with the public
Positions available: front counter & guide staff
Interested parties please download and complete our Employment Application. Please email completed applications to email@example.com for the Kennesaw Location or to firstname.lastname@example.org for the Peachtree City Location .
Head Coach & Routesetter at Escalade Rock Climbing (Kennesaw, GA location)
Escalade Rock Climbing in Kennesaw is seeking a passionate climber, trainer, and coach to be the Head Climbing Coach & Routesetter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and positive coach who is committed to building an outstanding program within the philosophy and educational goals of our program. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with children and is passionate about the sport of Rock Climbing.
Qualified applicants MUST have a minimum 4 year bachelor degree. Also, will have 2+ years USAC team coaching experience, the ability to sport climb 5.12b and to boulder V8+. Preferably candidate would also have Level a 1 or 2 USA Climbing Routesetter certification.
Candidate will also have an opportunity to work as a Kennesaw State University Instructor teaching rock climbing classes to KSU college students. Candidate will receive compensation directly from KSU. This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified candidate! You will gain experience teaching at a collegiate level. Must have a minimum bachelor’s degree.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be a positive and active role model in the climbing and Escalade community
• Develop high performing climbing athletes in a way that emphasizes fun, fosters a love of the sport, and supports each team member's personal development and growth
• Ability to perform commercial route setting for the public and as well as team-specific setting
• Ability to develop comprehensive training schedules for bouldering & sport climbing season
• Ability to perform climber assessments and individual training plans
• Ability to run practices directly, and effectively delegate the same task to supporting team coaches
• Actively recruit, hire, train, manage and schedule supporting team coaches and routesetters
• Develop training curriculum and administer the overall climbing team program
• Attend Local, Regional, Divisional, and National level USAC competitions
• Attend and assist in the coordination of team community events such as outside climbing trips, trail days, competitions, parent meetings, and post season celebrations
• Highly organized, motivated, and goal oriented
• Experience coaching / teaching children, preferably in climbing. Experience with the USA Climbing youth competitive climbing is strongly preferred
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• 4-year bachelor degree
• Educational background in personal training or Exercise Science is a plus
• Additional responsibilities may be added based on the skill, experience, and goals of the successful applicant
• Includes administrative duties
• Must have availability for all scheduled practices
• Willing to make a 2 year minimum commitment
Compensation DOE: Salary 35-40k+
Interested parties should submit resumes to email@example.com